Guest at the Bodyholiday paid close attention while Chef Valentine taught how to prepare a mouthwatering Papaya and lime chutney, in our cooking demo class. The best part of the experience, it tastes good and it’s all healthy. Nutritional facts; Papaya is a great source of vitamins A, C and E, its abundance of antioxidants fight free radicals in the body that can cause premature aging while protecting against cell damage and promoting tighter, healthier skin.
Limes are great for alkalizing the body, cleaning out the digestive tract while providing anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
The high beta carotene content of pumpkin makes it an excellent source of vitamin A and helps flush toxins from the body; it is also rich in vitamin C, E and K along with iron, magnesium and potassium. Pumpkin is a great source of fiber and low in calories.
Mint is good source of vitamin A along with iron, copper and manganese. It promotes a healthy digestive system and can often relieve nausea.
Now the recipe is all yours. Bon Appetit!!!
350 grams papaya
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 apple cider vinegar
1/2 rice wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoons red pepper
3 tablespoons of lime
1 cup brown sugar, white sugar
2 tablespoons of ginger
1 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon green onions
1 tablespoon red onions
2 tablespoons raisins
1 tablespoons cumin powder
- Dice the papaya, red\green peppers, onions and ginger.
- Under low heat pour in the rice wine, white and apple cider vinegar into a pan then gradually add brown and white sugar
- Then add the papaya and ginger; let it cook for 20 mins
- Add the peppers, onions, raisins, cinnamon, cumin powder and lime
- Cook until fruits and vegetables are soft, a little thick and slightly golden brown.
- Pour into bottles or airtight jars after cooling.