Today we’ve got an equally delicious and nutritious dessert recipe for you from the Pastry kitchen of The BodyHoliday.
So here it is: how to make the perfect Date Cake.
- 4 eggs
- 300g or 10oz sugar
- 150g or 5oz flour
- 75g or 2.5oz whole flour
- 75g or 2.5oz dried dates
- 5g or 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200ml or 6.5fl oz vegetable oil
- 2g or half teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 240g or 8oz cream cheese
- 120g or 4oz softened butter
- 200g or 7oz icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 16 – 20 dates for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 175ᵒC or 350ᵒF
- Chop the dates and soak in hot water
- Mix the eggs and sugar. Add the baking powder, both kinds of flour and the cinnamon. Process until smooth. Add the vegetable oil and dates and mix well.
- Grease a 200mm or 8inch round cake pan. Pour the mixture into it.
- Bake it for 25 minutes in the preheated oven or until lightly brown on the top.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together with the vanilla extract and slowly add the icing sugar. Keep refrigerated until use. Spread on cooled cake and add the dates for decoration.
Did you know? Dates are high in iron and potassium and contain modest amounts of folate and a small amount of vitamins A and B. Dates are also useful treatments for anemia, constipation and fatigue.
Try it out today and enjoy!